Student visa for US Citizens/Green card holders: How to apply by mail?
ONLY FOR STUDENTS STUDYING IN FRANCE FOR WINTER/SPRING 2014
If you hold a valid "green card" or if you are a United States citizen, you are eligible to mail your visa application.
Starting on May 15, 2014, we will require every applicant to come in person for fingerprints in the Los Angeles office regardless of your place of residency. All applicants must book an appointment on our online appointment system.
Any applications received in our office on or after May 15th will be automatically mailed back to the applicant.
== Reminder: all applicants must mail his/her file from the USA and receive his/her passport back to a valid address in the USA / it is illegal to mail your passport overseas ==
All other applicants must apply in person and must make an appointment on our website. No exemptions. If you do not have a valid green card or are not a United States citizen, your application will be mailed back and you must book an appointment and apply in person.
Please note that we reserve the right to require a personal appearance of the applicant to the Consulate general or to interview the applicant by phone (including residents of Southern California, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Southern Nevada).
Please provide us with:
1) Requirements for a long stay student visa:
Long stay student visa
Important note: If the visa is issued, the validity will follow approximately the dates of the admission letter from the program in France.
2) Make sure that you have completed Campus France procedure and received the message stating that your application with Campus France has been completed, if your file is incomplete the visa section will mail your application back to you at your expenses. This will delay your application and you might not be issued a visa on time.
3) A valid credit/debit card payment authorization form filled out and signed for a “long stay visa”: Visa or Mastercard ONLY.
4) A self-addressed FedEx Express "US Airbill" or an online prepaid FedEx Airbill printed from the FedEx website with a FedEx envelope so that we can mail back your passport:
— for US Airbill, please fill out your own address twice:
Your name and your address
|Select shipping preference|
Your name and your address
We will NOT accept other methods of delivery: (NO USPS, NO UPS or FedEx "Ground/Home" service)
DO NOT WRITE THE ADDRESS OF THE CONSULATE ON THE FEDEX AIRBILL
5) Please make sure the photography follow our requirement otherwise your visa application will not be accepted:
— recent (no older than 6 months),
— in color
— on a plain white background
— must be printed on photo-quality paper at high resolution
— passport size (2" x 2")
— must clearly show facial features
— of full front view of the face, your face must fill about 75-80% of the photograph
— taken facing the camera, no side or angled view are acceptable
— no glasses
— keep a neutral expression (no smiling)
— uncovered: (head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown)
6) Please only mail a photocopy of your driver’s license or state ID and a photocopy of your green card.
Please mail your visa application file at:
10390 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 115 and 410
Los Angeles, CA 90025
About 10-14 calendar days for citizens of the United States, Canada, Mexico
About 2 to 3 weeks for other nationalities
Please note that if your file is incomplete the visa section will mail your application back to you at your expenses. This will delay your application and you might not be issued a visa on time.
Please allow enough time to process your application (see processing time) and track your FedEx airbill online as we will NOT answer e-mails or phone calls asking us if our office has received visa your application or the status of your visa application.
The consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant.
Please be aware that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
The Consulate General of France in Los Angeles can refuse the issuance of a visa.