You are in receipt of a French pension and...

You are in receipt of a French pension and recently received a form called "certificat de vie" which you are asked to sign and have endorsed for your paiments not to stop.

This is a normal procedure which will recur once a year, or, in some rare cases, twice.

How to proceed?

You will have to appear in person at the Consulate General of France in Los Angeles.

- a photo ID (passport, driving licence..);
- The form you received from your pension fund;
- a proof of address (recent phone, gas or electricity bill, for instance.).

This procedure is free of charge and do not require an appointment .

Monday 8:45-12:15 am
Tuesday 8:45-12:15 am - 2:00-4:30 pm
Wednesday 8:45-12:15 am - 2:00-4:30 pm
Thursday 8:45-12:15 am - 2:00-4:30 pm
Friday 8:45-12:15 am
What the law says

• Décret n°2000-1277 du 26 décembre 2000 portant simplification de formalités administratives et suppression de la fiche d’état civil
• Convention du 5 octobre 1961 supprimant l’exigence de la légalisation des actes publics étrangers


If you cannot come to the consulate in person or in cas of other difficulties related to your French pension, please write to

or call:

Mercédès Mira
Affaires Sociales
Tel: +1 (310) 235-3214

Useful forms

PDF - 85.5 kb
Formulaire CERFA
(PDF - 85.5 kb)
PDF - 138.1 kb
Certificat de vie
(PDF - 138.1 kb)

Last modified on 31/05/2018

top of the page