June 21: Make Music Day (la fête de la musique) [fr]
Celebrate Music in Southwest United Sates and find the closest event from your home!
Celebrating music on June 21st started in France. Today, the whole world celebrates what is now known as World Music Day.
Since 1982, France became for a day a place for free concerts, organized or unannounced, in parks, public space, theaters or any street..
The event has gradually become established outside of the country, thanks to French Embassies, Consulates and cultural organizations as well as their partners.
Celebrated in over a hundred countries and thousands of cities, Make Music Day is now an international movement, which we invite you to participate in the Southwest of the United States.
- Celebrated in over a hundred countries and thousands of cities, Make Music Day is now an international movement, which we invite you to participate in the Southwest of the United States.
- Southern California
Los Angeles and Santa Monica organize plenty of Make Music day events, you may find one that interst in the following list!
Make Music LA
- Miss Melbourne Coffee 12 AM to 1PM
- Make Music Los Angeles at Hollywood and Highland 4:30 PM to 9PM
- Las Palmas Gardens 1PM to 2PM
- Hollywood Sunset Free Clinic 11:30 AM to 12:30 AM
- Silver Lake Branch Library 12:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- Music & Arts 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM in San Dimas
- Palisades Park - NOMA Presents "MAKE MUSIC" from 5:30PM to 8:30 PM
- Crescent Bay Park 2PM to 6 PM
- Santa Monica Place 1 PM to 4:45 PM
- Virginia Ave. Park 5 PM to 6 PM
- Santa Monica Mid City Neighbors "Make Music" celebration at the Colorado Center Park] 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Santa Monica has been celebrating Make Music for a long time. Here is a preview of Make Muisc day in 2016:
In Long Beach, performances for " Make Music Day" are happening in the whole city too.
Buena Park organizes its second edition of Make Music Day at The Source (6940 Beach Boulevard Buena Park, CA 90621).
Fullerton has chosen a couple of venues to celebrate Make Music Day such as the Made Coffee, Fullerton Elks Lodge, Back Alley Bar, and others.
Anaheim is celebrating at Anaheim Packing House (440 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805).
The French Alliance organizes a special concert for the occasion !
Spanish Village, Panama 66 et Old Globe Theatre have series of concerts from 12 AM to 6 PM: http://www.makemusicday.org/sandiego.
A dozen events are organized throughout the city. All referenced on the site: https://phoenixurbanguide.com
House of Bards, le Runway, Music and Arts North Tucson, Jacome Plaza will host a series of concerts: http://www.makemusicday.org/tucson.
The French Alliance in Denver invites Colorado residents to celebrate music on June 21st. The quartet Eric Erhardt will open the evening with a mix of French swing and original jazz pieces. The group of Center Africa SIMBA will then make you dance for the rest of the evening!