ALL UNITED STATES, CANADA, MEXICO CITIZENS WITH A VALID PASSPORT DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA FOR A STAY IN THE SCHENGEN AREA FOR LESS THAN 90 DAYS OVER A 6-MONTH PERIOD. Please note that even if you do not need a visa, you will need to show the following documents at the Schengen border.
Should you need to contact the visa department, contact us via e-mail only (the visa section WILL NOT accept phone calls) at:
When writing to us, please include all the following in the body of your e-mail along with your question(s) :
- Your full name
- Your nationality of citizenship
- If you are not a US citizen, your current status in the USA (permanent resident "green card", F1 visa, H1B visa, etc...)
- Which visa you are applying for (PLEASE BE SPECIFIC on which visa according to the list on our website, do not just mention "long stay visa or short stay visa", since there are many different long stay visas, and many different short stay visas)
- the approximate length of your stay in France
- city and state where you currently reside
- your phone number
You will receive a reply if your questions are not ALREADY answered on our website, please allow a minimum of three (3) business days for a reply.
If you have already applied for your visa and you provided a FedEx, please wait until the end of the "processing time" as indicated in the page of the visa you applied for and track your package using your FedEx tracking number to check the status of your shipment.
HONORARY CONSULS OF FRANCE IN ALBUQUERQUE, DENVER, LAS VEGAS, PHOENIX & SAN DIEGO DO NOT ACCEPT VISA APPLICATIONS.